Wednesday 20 February 2013

Feeling Deaf

I'm feeling very deaf this week. The new academic teaching year has started and it's full on at work. I'm either in class, meetings, or setting up the online learning environment. The kids are back to school as well so I have to make time for homework help and organising all the sporting activities that my kids go to. Then there is my study as well. Oh, and I have a cold virus ........ and renovating the front yard.............. The tinnitus is going crazy and I'm suffering deaf fatigue!

That's the problem with the cochlear, a bit like a prosthetic leg I suppose, it lets you join the world of the walking, but you have to work twice as hard to do what everyone else does naturally. I imagine most people with a disability experience this fatigue at some stage, and the frustration that comes with it.