Wednesday 5 February 2014

A few months have gone by with the second implant

After a few months with the second implant (in the ear that has been deaf for 40 years) things have taken an interesting turn. I've gone from having to "suffer" while wearing the second implant, to actually finding I need to wear it to get better sound. In fact today, I've worn it all day, that's a first. It was only two weeks ago that I couldn't stand wearing it for more than an hour. The biggest thing I'm finding is all the new noises. Things like a car engine starting next door, previously I've not heard that. Even the sound of my typing right now is so loud! Is this how hearing people hear all the time? With all this noise? I suspect it is just my brain feeling a little overwhelmed and it will settle down in time.