Thursday 6 December 2012

Ear Science Institute Night

Last night I was invited as a guest speaker at the Ear Science Institute to talk about my experience of going deaf and having a cochlear implant. It was a wonderful night attended by many influential people in business, education and research. I met the Chief Scientist of Western Australia who took a photo of me for her Twitter page (I kid you not) and the Principal of the Deaf School of Western Australia who has invited me to come to the school and speak to the children. I was also "featured" in the Ear Science Institute Annual Report. By far the highlight of the event was when a gentleman approached me with a cut out of the newspaper article I had done some weeks ago and wanted to meet me. "It's really you", he said to me while pointing at the article. I felt like a celebrity!!! This is a photo of the gentleman, Alexander Clark, below. Lovely guy and fellow deafie.


Alexander and Jane at the Ear Science Institute Event