Wednesday 5 December 2012

I'm Flat!

While it's never happened before but today I find myself in an unusual position. All three of my rechargeable batteries are flat. That means I can't turn on my CI until they are charged which takes about four-five hours. That means today, I'm deaf.
Before I got the CI I would happily go about my day but now that I can hear with the CI I don't like to go out in public, it's just too hard. So today I'm staying home in my silent world until I'm all charged up! Hopefully I'll be charged for tonight because I'm giving a speech as the Ear Science Institute on my personal story of sudden hearing loss and the benefits of the cochlear implant. I have an audience of 100 people and of course the mingle afterwards so it would be handy to be able to hear. I will report back ...............