Tuesday 15 January 2013

A new year!!!

Happy New Year! I've just come back from another holiday in Bali (yes, I know but I do love Bali) and I'm all full of myself. I used my aqua ear and went for a swim in the pool ........... hearing! It was a bit strange at first, I kept thinking I'd left my watch on or something. Hearing and water just don't belong together in my world, but now they do! It is certainly not a glamorous affair with a big plastic bag hanging on the side of my head, covered by a black swim cap, covered by a hat, but the freedom of swimming with sound, oh the freedom, it was lovely.


Now it's back to reality at home. I'm trying to finish an assignment for uni before going back to work next week. I'm actually very lucky as I can just switch off (and I mean literally) and concentrate on my work. I really don't think I could research and write without being deaf, talk about a blessing. Only three more units to go and I'll have my Masters. After that I'm going to have a year off and start my PhD. I can just imagine myself happily writing away on my thesis as chaos surrounds me, I might move to Bali to do it ...................................