Friday 4 November 2011

The Final Countdown

Less than a week before I get switched on. Today has been a frustrating deaf day. I've boiled the kettle dry several times, I've not been able to understand what my youngest was wanting (turns out he wanted me to make a paper plane out of a perfect square - how could I possible get that!!!), I've wanted to make several phone calls but can't and I left the dryer on for a lot longer than intended. Needlesss to say, I'm looking forward to being switched on and joining the world of the hearing.
I'm now 16 days post-op. The wound behind my ear has healed nicely but the wound on my head is still a bit tender and sore. The feeling in my ear has come back but I still get jaw pain now and again. I'm also very very tired despite sleeping well at night.
Here's the weird bit. When I had my surgery I lost all my residual hearing. Well, today, I got some back. Yesterday I couldn't hear myself clap, today I can. Not sure what's happening.