Monday 31 October 2011

Monday

Today is Monday, twelve days since surgery. This morning I went for a 4km beach run and felt great. It has been a long time since I felt like Jane.
I had a few chores at the shopping centre, Medicare, post office etc and each time I said to the attendant, "I'm deaf and I'm lip-reading you". This seems to work for me and them and I'm able to do all the normal stuff I did before.
However, I got a little cocky and as I had a late doctors appointment I got the kids Hungry Jacks for dinner on the way home. It didn't occur to me that I couldn't use the drive-thru until I was actually in it. I had to get the hubby to tell me when to say yes, no, small, orange juice etc. It was funny but we did it! So, there are a few things I can't do, bungee jump and go through the drive-thru.

                                                            Ear wound at 12 days post op