Thursday 19 January 2012

Audi

Another audi appointment yesterday. She reported that I'm hearing soft sounds better than ever which is very useful during conversations. My processing of loud sounds has not changed that much. I'm nearly at the three month mark since having the CI turned on so I can expect more changes in the quality of sound that I hear for another nine months yet. In a few months I'll be having a hearing test to see how well my brain is processing sounds using the CI. This will be interesting.
I had to go to the shops today for a few things so I had a quick shower, dressed, dried my hair and left the house. I started up the car and had a feeling I'd forgotten something. I checked for my sunglasses, purse, mobile phone, all there, and then suddenly I remembered - my CI!!! Could have been a problem in the shops, "sorry, I've left my ear at home so I can't hear you".