Thursday 5 January 2012

World's Smartest Computer

I've arrived home safely from hospital to find a parcel from Cochlear in the mailbox. For the rest of my life now I will be receiving these little parcels with various accessories in them to keep me hearing. On a regular basis I need to order implant batteries (I try to use the rechargeable batteries as often as possible but the disposable ones last longer), drying capsules and various replacement parts for my implant. In five to seven years I'll also have to consider replacing the whole thing with an upgrade. It sounds like I'm talking about a personal computer, which I guess I am in a way. My CI has it's own insurance, needs regular cleaning, runs off powerful batteries,needs regular tuning and can do things no human can - sounds like a computer to me! The only difference is that this computer is part of my body and without it I cannot lead the life I choose to lead. To me, it's the most valuable computer in the world and as such, I treat it with special care. So with the batteries and drying capsules I ordered my CI a new leopard skin cover, should go nicely with my new shoes!