Saturday 7 January 2012

New Sound

I've been a bit frustrated with my sound quality today as everything sounds like I'm in a large concrete tunnel. As you can imagine, this makes it difficult to focus on what people are saying. I was due for a tune-up this week but had to cancel it due to the hysterectomy surgery, so I thought this might explain the problem. However, as the day has worn on I've realised that what has changed in the actual sound I'm hearing is less like a robot sound (which is what I've heard since the chipmunks died) and more natural.
 I'm alone in the house at the moment and I'm chatting away to myself to listen to a voice that is as close to a natural voice as I've heard since August 2011. Even my dog sounds like a real-life dog when she barks!
 It still sounds a little robotic but more like a voice recording than a computer synthiesized voice. I guess, like I remember an answering machine sounds like. To those with hearing, listening to the world as an answering machine would be dreadful (um, yes), but when the alternative is silence with the odd popping sound, who wouldn't choose the answering machine?

Seems that each week brings small but significant changes and I can't wait to see (or hear) what will happen in the next month.