Monday 16 January 2012

Good Clear Sounds

Good clear sounds today, well, better sounds anyway. It always sounds robotic but I remind myself that I am using a computer to hear so that is to be expected. I have another tune-up this week (tomorrow) so I'm really looking forward to seeing what my progress looks like on my auditory maps. These show me how my range of sound are increasing over the weeks/months. It's really interesting. I can now hear about half of what a hearing person hears in their one ear, so a 1/4 overall of what a hearing person hears. This doesn't sound like much but to a deaf person who started with about 5% distorted residual hearing, it's amazing.
On a side note, I'm recovering well from my recent abdominal surgery. I feel like I've had to start over twice in the last six months! While I'm usually an active person, having the two surgeries so close together has slowed me down and I'm keen to get moving again. I have to wait a whole six weeks before I can run again. Oh well, I've done it before, I'll do again (hopefully for the last time in a while).