Sunday 15 July 2012

Batteries

My camping adventure is over for these holidays and I survived well. My batteries lasted me, just. I'm on my last two disposable batteries and I'm not sure how long they have left before they go flat. The rechargeable batteries give me a 15 minute warning before they go flat but the disposables just turn off. As we are only two hours from home I'm sure I'll make it. Next time I holiday though I'm going to take a whole stash of batteries just in case. I'm also going to design some little battery holders. My rechargeable batteries are $250 each so they need to be treated with a lot of care. They can't be stored together in case the points touch and short out. They also can't be stored in plastic as it causes moisture which can damage the battery. I also need to think about a storage container for when I go to the beach. We went for a snorkel yesterday and I grabbed my mask and ran off to the water realising just in time that I was still wearing my CI. I ran back up the beach and wrapped it in my skirt and then stuffed it into the beach bag. One grain of sand can destroy the processor and it would cost $8000 to replace so again, I need to be very careful. I'm on the look out now for a sand proof, non-plastic small container. Either way, I still had a great time!