Tuesday 10 July 2012

This weeks adventure!

This week I'm camping. We have arrived in Coral Bay for a week long tent adventure. My only worry is getting sand in my cochlear implant as there is sand EVERYWHERE! While it is lovely and sunny I haven't been for a swim yet so I can keep my hair dry so I don't have to go deaf. We were down at the beach yesterday and I got the warning that my battery was about to go flat and sure enough I went flat and had to wait until we walked back to the tent for another battery. I didn't bring my battery charger with me. I'm using the battery with disposable batteries which are great as they last a few days. It is a bit of a worry at night not being able to hear as I like to listen out for the kids while camping. There is only a sheet of nylon between us and the world after all! Tomorrow we are going out to sea to swim with a whale shark (and hopefully not any other kind of shark!). That means wet hair and wet hair means I can't wear my CI. I wonder if I can plug my hair dryer in on board? I will report back!