Wednesday 25 July 2012

I've been tricked!!

Regular readers of this blog will know that I have an ongoing battle with drive-thru fast food outlets. However I refuse to be beaten and as a result I continue to take the kids for their weekly hamburger after soccer training. Tonight my eldest son says to me, "I'll tell you what to say mum". So I place the order and to the questions I can't hear them asking, Jaxon tells me to say either yes or no. When the order arrived I realised that one drink, his, was large and the other, his brother's was small. Looking at the chips, the same. Turns out that when the hamburger joint asked if I wanted to upsize he told me to say yes!!!!!!! I always say no!!!!!!!! It's the first time the kids have taken advantage of my deafness but I suspect that as they become more comfortable with it they will come up with more ways to exploit my disability!