Thursday 12 July 2012

Shark!

Well, the whale shark tour was fantastic! We went out to sea in the boat and stopped about half an hour out to have a snorkel. I decided to stay dry and save up my wet hair for the whale shark. When it was time to dive and swim with the biggest fish in the ocean I took off the CI and jumped in. Once in the water, everyone is deaf and as soon as the whale shark swam by I soon forgot about my ear anyway. It was awesome! Every now and then I would look up to see what was happening but that was easy too as the guides in the water and on the boat used hand signals to tell us what to do. Too easy! After the swim I sat on the boat in the sun and my hair dried off enough to replace my CI and hear someone yell, "manta rays, everyone in the water"! Off comes the CI again and in I go to swim with the most beautiful, graceful and playful creatures ever! I had just climbed up the back of the boat when I noticed everyone pointing and looking excited and I turned to see two humpback whales swimming behind my son and husband! Another hour drying in the sun and I had my ear back on for the boat trip back. Loved it, amazing day. When there is so much beauty to see it doesn't really matter about the hearing. Next time though I'm taking a swim cap with me. I've resisted thus far so as not to look like an old lady but I'm going to search for a cool one online.