Sunday 23 October 2011

Better Days

Five days post-surgery report: I still have trouble sleeping as most positions cause pain (pulling on the wound site). I end up sleeping on my back with my head propped up on a thick soft pillow.
Vertigo is still around but because I've had it for so long I don't notice it as much and get on with things.
Tinnitus is less intense and not so noisy. It's still there but not as bad - or - I've had it for so long I don't notice it as much!
At first I missed not having the tiny bit of residual hearing I had pre-surgery. However, my head is a quieter place without it. The noises that I did hear, loud voices, dog barking, door slams, were not pleasant noises, they were tinny and muffled and often hurt my ear, so I'm happy to be in complete silence now (with the tinnitus to keep me amused).
Looking forward to the next step!