Friday 21 October 2011

Three Days On .....

Three days since my surgery and doing a little better each day. Today is my eldest son's birthday (the last of the October birthday run) so I had to drag myself out of bed at 5am to lay out his gifts (stupid family tradition that I will stop next year!). He was thrilled, so despite feeling rotten I'm glad he had a good start to his birthday.
I had a terrible nights sleep last night, mostly because I can only sleep on one side of my head but also because the whole thing is a little uncomfortable. I also have dirty hair and can't wash it for seven days so my head is itchy as well.
The dried blood on the wound is a little itchy too but I try not to touch it too much to avoid infection.
Otherwise, just feeling tired, very, very tired, and looking forward to my post-op doctors appointment to get cleaned up.