Monday 24 October 2011

Technology

There are two things that have helped me to communicate with others since I lost my hearing, the ipad and my latest toy, the iphone. Apple inc have clearly put a lot of thought into the development of their products to assist and support those with disabilities including sight, hearing and physical impairment. I have included a link to the Apple website explaining some of the features of the iphone for hearing impairment - I use them all!!!

Accessibility for Hearing: iphone

There are also a number of applications (apps) that I've been using to help me. My favourite is the RIDBC AUSLAN Tutor. This app basically teaches sign language and with or without the cochlear implant, sign language in the home has been a blessing to help me still parent my children. I have a saying in the house "I didn't see any manners"....