Wednesday 26 October 2011

When things go bad .............

When life takes a turn for the worse people cope in different ways. Some turn to drugs and alcohol, some turn to God, others throw themselves into work. Me? I kept myself going with inspirational sayings. Not old fashioned, harps playing in the background type of sayings, ones that reminded me to keep going. So here are a few of my favourites:

Get up, get dressed and go anyway - this one I used many times and I was always glad I went.

Everything comes to an end, even the bad stuff - you just have to hope the end is the one you want.

What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger - this one I like the best.

It's OK to ask for help - and you know what, people like helping.

Approach life with energy, enthusiam and empathy - I stole this one from "Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom but I love it.


Here's the ironic part, two weeks before I lost my hearing I asked a friend for advice on a personal goal to set myself. She suggested "listen to people more" which I thought was good at the time. I never got the chance to put it into practice. So instead, I've changed it to "hug people more". That works much better for me at the moment :)